BYU Learning Suite allows instructors to export scores from Learning Suite to their computer. These exported scores lists can also include scores for students no longer enrolled in the course if desired. This is especially useful if:
- Students switch sections of the same course. For example, scores can be exported from section 1 and imported into section 2.
- Students that dropped, withdrew, etc. are challenging grades.
- If students are requesting information about assignments submitted before withdrawing from the course, students can be directed to the BYU Financial Aid Office (801.422.4104). The financial aid office can access a report that gives students the needed information.
Log in to your Learning Suite course and click BYU Grades.
Click Import/Export in the Grades navigation menu on the left .
Click Export in the submenu that appears .
Select desired information to export. Click here for more information.
Under 2. Choose Score Output, check the Include scores for students no longer enrolled in the course box.
Select the file format for the exported scores. Click here for more information.
Click Export Scores.
Notes about the exported file:
- The students who are no longer enrolled in the course will have a '~' in front of their last name. This will put them at the bottom of the list.
- If the option to include the last name is not enabled, there is no indication of which students are no longer enrolled.
- If students who are no longer enrolled are included, the section number field will be blank.
- Instructors, co-instructors, or TAs who take an exam will appear in the file if the option to include students who are no longer enrolled is enabled.
- Students who never had any scores entered will not appear in the list.
Questions? Contact the OIT Service Desk (801.422.4000, firstname.lastname@example.org).